How do eyelash extensions last?
The life cycle of natural lashes is about 8 to 12 weeks. With proper care, your lash extension will last as long as your own lash. In order for us to successfully bond a lash to your own lash, however, we must target a lash that is long enough to support the length of the extension. Typically these lashes are about 5 to 6 weeks old and are close to full maturity. This leaves you with about 5 to 6 weeks of wear before the last lash falls off. Since your own lashes fall off at different intervals, your extensions will slowly be shed off with the natural lash over the 5 to 6 week period. Because of this, touch-ups are recommended about every 2 weeks to maintain the fullness of lush lashes.
How thick and lock are eyelash extensions?
On average, the extensions can make your lashes anywhere from 20% to 75% longer than your own lashes.
Typically a full set of lash extensions will thicken your own lashes about 30 to 50%. On average, the extensions can make your lashes anywhere from 20% to 75% longer than your own lashes.
How do I maintain my eyelash extensions?
Although some people get eyelash extensions for a special occasion or vacation, most love the look so much, that they want to maintain it. This requires touch-ups every few weeks to replace lost lashes.
How soon should I get them before the event?
We suggest 2 days to 5 days before that special event or vacation. The curing time for the bonding agent is 48 hours and you will want the freshest possible look for the big day!
Can I use mascara on eyelash extensions?
You won’t need to use mascara with these extensions. Our professional answer is “It is not recommended”. Most mascaras are petroleum based and they will break down the bonding agent of the extensions and dramatically shorten their lifespan of your lashes. We also recommend not using mascara on your bottom lashes either because your bottom lashes touch your top lashes when you close your eyes.
Can I use eyeliner with eyelash extensions?
You can use mineral make-up but you should avoid waxy/creamy pencils and stick to Mineral make-up liner and eye shadows. These products are safe for the extensions because they are natural and not petroleum based and will not break down the bonding agent.
Can I use makeup cleanser on eyelash extensions?
Cleansers are usually very emollient and we don’t recommend that you use most cleansers for the eye and forehead area. Instead, we recommend that you use Body Satin Cleanser and Toner, which is available in our studio, for removing makeup all over your face for the duration of the extensions.
Do eyelash extensions pull off my natural eyelashes?
The extensions will not disrupt your real eyelashes. However, if you pull on your extensions your eyelash may come off with the extension. But don’t worry! Your lashes will grow back without any problems. The best thing to do is to treat your lashes with respect and be gentle with them. The more gentle you are the longer they will last.
What should I do before my eyelash extension appointment?
- Remove all eye makeup and clean your lashes with a mild, oil-free cleanser.
- Do not use oil-based makeup removers to clean your lashes prior to the application.
- Do not put on any mascara. We want to spend time working on perfecting your lashes rather than removing your mascara.
- Do not curl your lashes. Straight lashes work better.
- If you wear contact lenses, wear glasses instead of your appointment or bring a lens case and remove them when you arrive to your appointment.
- Bring your own iPod or favorite music if you’d like. This is a relaxing, sleeping-beauty treatment. Most of our clients fall asleep during the procedures. They are always amazed when they wake up with gorgeous looking lashes.
What do I do after my appointment?
It’s a team effort to maintain long, lasting lashes. We have done our part of extending your lashes. Now it is up to you to maintain them. Please follow these guidelines to achieve the best results.
- Avoid getting your lashes wet for the first 24 hours after your eyelash application.
- Avoid swimming and the use of steam rooms and hot saunas for the next 48 hours. Extreme heat is not recommended.
- Do not use an eyelash curler. Do not perm or tint the extended lashes. This will break the bond.
- Do not use regular or waterproof mascara. Mascara will dissolve the adhesive.
- Do not rub your eyes too hard when cleaning your face.
- Do not attempt to remove any extensions by pulling.
- Use only non-oily, non-creamy cleanser to remove makeup.
- Keep an eyelash comb handy to straighten up any stray lashes. Every single lash is individually extended. It is safe to groom them because there is no clump or knot. Comb them carefully and gently only when needed.